If you are a bride who plans to go with a themed wedding, you probably have tossed around in your head on how you can pull it off without going over the top.
The Pickle: Carrying out a theme without it feeling like a kids’ party
The Solution: Follow these tips to help you out! For the sake of an example I’m going to base my tips around a King and Queen Hearts theme.
1. Decide on a color palette – In this case your obvious color choices might be red, black and white. Or crimson and grey. Toy with different shades.
2. Pick out subtle details that have meaning to you – Maybe it is that golden flower that stands out to you as an element you want to bring into your wedding decor. Have a golden flower cake or gold flower hair piece.
3. Pick out one obvious detail that lets guest know what you are going for – Hearts of course! But you don’t want to make this detail overdone. Heart shaped cake, heart shaped invites, heart shaped bouquet, maybe a bit much (unless that is really what you want) How about just a cake topper, or a heart prop for photos? I love the idea of using chalkboard heart escort cards!
4. Consider your venue – Kings and Queens, palaces and ballrooms. I probably wouldn’t have my King and Queen of hearts wedding at a modern loft unless I wanted to tie in that modern spin with my theme.
5. Tie in your Save-the-dates, invites, programs, menus, and thank you cards – An invitation designer would be able to set up a whole package for all your wedding stationery.
One thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 3:13-14